Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What I am most THANKFUL for this THANKSgiving...

When most people think about Thanksgiving the first thing that comes to mind is the Turkey Dinner with all the fixings – potatoes, gravy, candied yams, fresh baked rolls, cranberry sauce, and pies galore. Is that really what Thanksgiving is all about?

Nope, not in my book anyway! I could do without the dinner. The meal itself is not my favorite…well the pies – Maybe! Thanksgiving is really about “Giving Thanks”.

Because I have so many things to be thankful for this year, I thought I would post them here to share with all of you.

This year I am most grateful for and blessed by my Wonderful Husband. Finding him and having him in my life has completely changed my life for the good. I am truly blessed to be loved by him.

I am also very grateful for our kids and grand kids. Without them my life would be dull. They bring so much joy and enrichment to my life. They are my inspiration and my heroes.

I am thankful for parents who have stood by and supported me through the hard times, who have always been there for me no matter what. Who have picked me up when I have fallen on my face and gave me the encouragement I needed to get back up and keep going.

Thanksgiving, for most people, brings families together in one place, to eat and enjoy each other’s time and company, and of course, Football. For this I am grateful. This is the part of Thanksgiving that I do enjoy. It is the time I get to spend with family.

I am most thankful for my Heavenly Father who does hear and answer prayers. He answered mine by bringing Billy into my life at the exact time that I needed him most.

I am blessed to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, to have the knowledge that I have of Heavenly Father’s plan for me.

I am thankful for my brother, Jesus Christ, who died for me on the cross and who was resurrected so that I might live again.

I am thankful to live in America, the land of the Free. Especially for the freedoms that I have, that we sometimes take for granted. For the right to Vote. While I may not always agree on who was voted into our government, at least we have the right to vote and to know that our vote does count. For being able to worship God freely, at church and in our daily lives. Not everyone is free to do that without persecution.

I am thankful for our jobs. For being able to work and make good money, that keeps food on our table and shelter over our heads.

I am thankful for living in this day and age of technology - To have instant communication at our fingertips - For being able to search anything on the Internet with a touch of the keyboard and the click of the mouse.

I am thankful for getting started in the blogging world this year. It has been such a fun way of sharing lives with all my friends and family.

I am especially thankful to all of you who are my dear friends. For your kind words when I needed a listening ear. For your help when I needed help. For always being there supporting me no matter what. I love you all!

And finally, I am very thankful for this Holiday in November. Because it reminds us that we need to be thankful in all things, every day of the Year!

2 comments:

Lara Neves said...

This was so wonderful to read! Thanks Sherrie!

Kate said...

I am thankful for you and our friendship. I am so happy for you and you do have much to be thankful for.