Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Granite Youth Symphony Summer Tour

Shellise left yesterday on her week long trip with the Granite Youth Symphony to California. They held a farewell concert for the parents at Taylorsville High School on Thursday night. I have to tell you, it was awesome! It lasted over 2 hours. Those kids are amazingly talented. Here is their Concert Tour Brochure. Look at all the songs they play and that they learned in only 3 weeks time. I was very impressed and very pround that Shellis has had the opportunity to participate.



Their tour is going to be a wonderful experience for Shellise. Just look at the schedule!

Their tour schedule is as follows:

Monday, June 29th - Stopping in St. George. They performed at the Tuacahn Theater for the opening of Annie and also got to stay and watch the play.

Tuesday, June 30th - Arrive in Los Angeles. Attend Medieval Times Dinner Show.

Wednesday, July 1st - Disneyland. Recording Workshop Day. Besides being able to have fun at Disneyland they will be recording their concert. The workshop is with Bob Feller but I am not sure who that is unless it's one of The Greatest Baseball Pitcher's of all time.

Thursday, July 2nd - Disneyland. Another Day of Fun and a performance in the park at 10:30 in the Carnation Plaza Gardens Stage.

That night they will be attending the LA Philharmonic Concert with John Fogerty. I thought that would be pretty cool because I loved John Fogerty growing up. But these kids have no idea who he is which makes me feel pretty darn old!

Friday, July 3rd - Six Flags. They have a performance here and afterwards they get to spend the rest of the day at the park having fun. That night they have a banquet dinner at the hotel.

Saturday, July 4th - Beach day until 3:00. Then they get to go to the Angel's Stadium to watch a baseball game between the Angel's and Orioles, and watch fireworks afterwards.

Following the fireworks, they load the bus to go home.

Sunday, July 5th - Arrive in Salt Lake City at Noon.

I am so excited that Shellise was able to go on this tour. She will have a marvelous time and have some wonderful experiences. I can't wait to hear all about it!

7 comments:

Lara Neves said...

Wow! What an incredible experience this will be for her. And when she comes home, She'll know who John Fogerty is. :)

kim graham said...

That sounds so fun!!! I want to go!!!! What a great experience and one that she will never forget.

Tiffany said...

I'm sure she is having the time of her life!! =)

Anonymous said...

What a fun filled week for her. This will be an experience that she will remember the rest of her life. I'm so glad that she got to go and with your help worked hard to be able to experience this memorable trip. So proud of her and all of her accomplishments.

Anonymous said...

Oh!!! I forgot to sign my name. Silly me. Love ya, Shellise's grandma. Love ya, MOM

Valerie said...

She's very talented! We are so proud of her.

Kate said...

How fun for her. I bet she loved it. I hope you are doing good. I have been thinking about you.