Tuesday, February 9, 2010

B - O - R - E - D - O - M


Let me just say that my life right now is so dull and boring that I can hardly stand it.  My husband asks me today what I have posted on my blog lately and I tell him "nothing because I don't have anything to write about".  His response?  "Well you haven't done anything lately TO write about".   He's right!  I haven't... we haven't.  Like a bear I have been in hibernation.   The weather has kept us mostly in doors.  Lack of money and little vacation time has also kept us mostly in doors.  And I seriously need a vacation about now.  I often dream of being in someplace warm like Hawaii.   Heck, I would even be happy with going to the "The Happiest Place on Earth". Disneyland.  Anywhere, where it is not cold and there is no snow!  I can dream can't I? 


Ahhhhhh!


Very Happy!


I spend the majority of my day(s) doing "something" in trying to find a job.  And let me tell you... that is getting REALLY BORING.  When I am not doing that I am studying for the sunday lesson I teach, practicing the piano, goofing off on facebook, reading your blogs, watching TV, and spending whatever time I can with my husband in the evening before he goes to work.   I have also been learning the art of Couponing (that can take up some serious time). 

The weather hasn't made it possible for us to go anywhere new, fun, or interesting.  The most exciting times I have are taking a walk, going to the grocery store, and on Monday's when my husband has the day off, we try to do something like thrift or antique shopping (more like browsing), or to the movies.  Today we went to the bookstore where I purchased a new book, and we went to the movies and saw Edge of Darkness  (BTW - good "action filled" movie, but a little gory in parts).

I need to get more yarn so I can start another aphgan. I need to work on some photography, but I can't seem to find anything of interest to photo when there is nothing but snow and ice and I have already taken all those kinds of photos that I want right now.  I should catch up on scrapbooking but I just don't have an interest in that right now either.  I will probably start working on our taxes this week even though whatever refund there is will be paying back taxes from previous years.  I will be making Valentine Cookies tomorrow so I can send them off to my kids.  And I will also do my visiting teaching sometime this week.  Other than that, there is nothing to look forward to anytime soon.  Summer can't come soon enough. 

I can't wait for the snow to melt so we can go hiking, fishing, camping, paragliding, visit Ghost Towns and Yellowstone, white water rafting and horse back riding, exploring the Lewis & Clark Caverns, and maybe even head over to Mt. Rushmore.  THEN I will have something to write about.  And I can't wait!  But first.... Old Man Winter needs to give us a break and go on his own vacation so I can start mine. 





2 comments:

claire said...

It has really been a very long winter, especially for you. I also hope the weather gets warmer soon. Even though it hasn't snowed here really since we got home from Texas it has been cold. Keep looking forward to all of the fun things you can do when it is warmer. Wish you could plan a trip to visit us down here. Just remember it is closer to getting warmer than is was a couple of months ago, lol.

Amy, Mike and our Girls said...

Hey, if you are bored you can always hang with me and the kiddos. I sometimes feel like I need an adult around me. You know, someone I can talk with... Feel free to give me a call! And hang in there, spring will come!