Monday, November 29, 2010

There is sorrow in our hearts today.....

At our house, we have been struggling with some situations that have left us mourning the loss of an unborn baby. 
A few weeks ago, I shared with you all the news that I was going to be another grandma, that my stepson and his wife (who were living with us) were expecting a baby in May. 

Since that time, "his wife" decided that she did not want to be married anymore and just up and left one day, traveling back to Indiana to be with her family and ex-boyfriend(s).  We really didn't understand this and begged her to stay and to come back.  Lots of lies were brought to light that left Kyle and us just plain shocked.  This was difficult enough.

But then she had to throw something even bigger into the fire.  She decided that she didn't want the baby.  She also decided that she didn't want Kyle to have it either.  Instead she made the decision to have an abortion.  She was 16 weeks pregnant!  No amount of begging, pleading, trying to make her understand that what she would be doing was just plain murder, nothing we could say or do would change her mind. 

Yesterday her family drove her to Chicago (the only place that will do late term abortions) and she had
the baby aborted.  We are all really sad and do not understand why anyone would do such a thing especially when that baby was wanted by the father and by grandparents.  Unfortunately, father's don't have any rights to unborn children. 

We are in mourning over the loss of this precious baby that had fingers and toes and heartbeat.  The only thing that is getting us through is our faith in knowing that this child is in Gods hands and that we will see this baby someday. 

I am also very thankful and happy that it is Christmas time.  Where the spirit of Christmas can enter our home and help to heal our hearts. 


6 comments:

Lara Neves said...

I am so sorry. I know I commented on FB, but this just floors me. I really feel for your step son. What a thing to have thrown at you all at once. :(

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

My heart is with you. I am so very sorry, I can't fathom your sorrow.
My prayers are with you and your family.

Alicia said...

Oh Sherrie, I am so sorry! How devastating. My heart just aches, especially regarding the baby. All of you are in our prayers.

claire said...

Sorry, for all of you. That is such a heartbreaking decision that she made. I know your hearts are hurting. May you know of our love and the Saviors love for all of you. Love Ya

natalie romney said...

this breaks my heart and hit home a little bit, how sad that this had to happen. Just makes me so sick t know what she put that perfect spirit through w such a selfish decision. Give kyle my love. Makes me so grateful this was not the decision that someone made on my behalf 27 yrs ago. but like you said that amazing spirit will return to its father in heaven and be waiting and watching over everyone like a guardian angle. Keeping all of you in my prayers.

Tina VanZyl said...

Sherry, My heart aches for you and your family during this sad time. May my prayers be with you and your family. Hugs, Tina