Thursday, November 12, 2009

SNOWFLAKES

This morning we woke up to 9 inches of snow and right now at 12:45 it is STILL snowing.  I am guessing we probably have about a foot of snow .  And they said we should only get 3-6 inches.  Ha! 

I can't say that I like snow necessarily... I should, because I have lived with it and in it all my life.    I don't enjoy any of the winter sports except maybe sledding and playing in it and throwing snowballs... No skiing or snowboarding for me.   It's very beautiful to look at and watch, but not so fun to drive in.  I think that's why I don't like it.  I have had some pretty scary experiences.  And because Bill has to drive 500 miles every night, the snow can cause a lot of stress and delays.  But from the comfort of my own home, it sure is beautiful!   Don't you agree?

So... Here's to all my friends and family who live in Arizona, Texas, California, Florida.... EAT YOUR HEART OUT!! 














4 comments:

Lara Neves said...

Whoa! You win! We have been having an uncharacteristically warm November and no snow yet. Crossing my fingers...last year there was 150 inches by December 1!

midRae said...

Love the snow, at least the snow in your pictures. It's coming my way and I just sold my truck. How exactly do you drive in snow without 4Wheel drive? Let's hope I figure it out real quick or I am going in a ditch, or just staying home. Stay home and stay warm.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a storm. It's supposedly going to snow tonight, so we'll see what we wake up to in the morning. I like the snow when I can stay home and cozy up with a blanket and book. Have Fun!

Alicia

Valerie said...

Wow, I guess you guys are going to have a long winter! I love the pictures.