Friday, October 9, 2009

THE TOP TEN REASONS WHY I ENJOYED CONFERENCE WEEKEND

10. Watching it on BYU channel in the comfort of my own home.

 9.  Staying in PJ's until afternoon session on both Saturday and Sunday.

 8.  Several rows crocheted on the aphgan I am making.

 7.  Me, Bill, and our dogs piled on the couch in front of the TV.

 6.  Yummy pork roast cooking in the slow cooker all day Sunday.

 5.  Listening to the music being sung by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

 4.  The spirit that was in our home.

 3.  The spirit that burned inside of me bearing witness to the truthfulness of what was being said.

 2.  Pres. Uchdorf's talk on Saturday, in particular these parts..... "Love is the healing balm that repairs rifts in personal and family relationships. It is the bond that unites families, communities and nations. Love is the power that initiates friendship, tolerance, civility and respect. It is the source that overcomes divisiveness and hate. Love is the fire that warms our lives with unparalleled joy and divine hope. Love should be our walk and our talk." 

President Uchtdorf said he believes God does not care if people are wealthy, handsome or famous. "Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely," he said. "Though we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly. Though we may feel lost and without compass, God's love encompasses us completely. "God's love is so great that He loves even the proud, the selfish, the arrogant and the wicked."  That means there is hope, no matter one's current state, he said.

AND THE #1 REASON.....

 1.  I got to see and hear a true and living Prophet of God speak to me directly.  What a wonderful man President Thomas S. Monson is.  What a beautiful spirit he has.  I loved the part where he told about receiving the jar of warm fuzzies from some primary children and what he said....."I don't even know what a warm fuzzy is!"  And for being asked, "What have you done for someone today?"  And reminded to get out there and find ways to serve others. 
 



 
What did you enjoy about the weekend and about conference?
 

3 comments:

R Allen said...

I loved conference for the same reasons plus not having to wear makeup or do my hair and having pancakes at half-time!

Rebecca Talley said...

I love, love, love conference weekend.

Plus, I didn't have to iron or get Sunday clothes ready :).

Kristy said...

I LOVE conference weekend...look forward to it every 6 months. I almost wish it was more often, but then it probably wouldn't be such a treat...