Monday, September 28, 2009

Not Me! Monday




This past week has been a bit of a rough one for me.  I've had problems with my eyes and couldn't wear my contacts for several days.  I also don't have a good pair of glasses with the right prescription, but they are better than nothing.  Unfortunately, the blurred vision, the light sensitivity, and just plain not being able to see has taken its toll.  It has caused dizziness and headaches as well as nausea.  But this would not make me a grouchy person at all.... Not Me!  I am always a happy and calm person, nothing ever bothers me! 

After being stuck in the house for most of the week because of my eyes, we decided to go on a little hike up in the mountains one day.  Everything was fine for the first little bit, but after a while my eyes really started to get blurry, I started seeing triple, I felt like the ground was moving out from underneath me, and I started to feel like I was going to be sick.  So I was not the 42 year old, grown woman, who completely lost it and threw a major fit.  Nope, that was NOT ME!.  And it wasn't me that ripped her glasses off her head and threw them to the ground....that was definately NOT ME!    And it was NOT ME who started crying uncontrollably and had to have my husband practically carry me down the trail and back to the car.  Nope, that was NOT ME!  I don't even know who that person was.

And it was NOT ME! who spent 24 hours being sick with the flu bug later on in the week. Nope, I was not the one that spent the whole day lying on the couch doing abolutely nothing, but being miserable with a sick tummy and aches and pains.  Nope that was NOT ME!   I never get sick! 

And since I wasn't the one that was sick,  It was NOT ME who decided to make chocolate chip cookies the next day to take on our camping trip over the weekend.  And I promise it was NOT ME who ate more cookie dough than the number of cookies I actually baked.  That was definately NOT ME!  I just wouldn't do that.

And it's NOT ME that is really glad last week is over!  Nope NOT ME!  I would never be glad to see a week go by fast. 


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.



1 comment:

midRae said...

Sounds like your week was as good as mine. I guess we just need to take it with a smile. :)