During the Christmas Season I enjoy making lots of candy to give as gifts for friends, family and neighbors. So I thought I would share the most yummiest, easiest, Caramel recipe ever. And its all done in the microwave.
1/2 cup white butter
1/2 cup white corn syrup
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
1. Using microwave safe dish or large measuring cup, melt butter.
2. Add syrup, sugars and milk, stir well and microwave 6-8 minutes (depends on microwave and how chewy you like your caramels. I cook mine 6 min.)
3. Pour into sprayed 9x9 dish and refridgerate for 30 min.
4. Cut into pieces. If too firm, set dish in warm water until desired consistency or you can microwave 30 seconds at a time.
5. I like to wrap mine in waxed paper
I also enjoy baking cookies like snickerdoodles, sugar cookies and Scottish Shortbread. With Scottish heritage in our family baking this yummy treat is a must. So I will share this recipe with you also.
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup white sugar
3/4 cup butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 Degrees C)
2. Blend all ingredients well. Dough will be stiff.
3. Press into a 9x9 inch buttered dish. P rick top with fork.
4. Bake until pale golden brown on the edges (mine takes approx 20-25 min).
5. Cool and cut into squares.
Mmmm Yummy! This is light and very buttery. Does not make a large batch, but is simple enough to make many batches. Does not double well.